THIS IS THE USA…”YOU’RE WELCOME!”
(my dad visited New York City – this is New York through his eyes)
Bludog here… (dad refers to himself as Bulldog – he believes this to be his trendy blog name)
Today I went to the Museum of Modern Art, the MoMA. Six floors of mind blowing imagination from the representatives of planet earth.
Lots of people on every floor. Some with looks of intellectual understanding saying things like…
” I think the artist is saying something about time and space in an ever changing continuum “.
Other were just saying…
” What the fuck is that?”
When you see people having their photo taken next to a Picasso and others next to the cafe sign or a roped off stairway, you get the feeling that not everybody is on the same page when it comes to modern art.
My special “Big Balls Award” goes to Robert McCubban. Rob designed a green fibreglass plank 3m x 0.6m. This plank and the green colour was pain stakingly designed as the most suitable object to give to an extra terrestrial when they arrive from outer space.
Rob is convinced they will be here any day soon.
Rob is not a once off, he has several coloured planks at the MoMA, celebrating important issues such as the colour of women’s perfume, you guessed it, pale pink.
Rob well done, but we wish you wouldn’t piss yourself laughing every time we give you a huge bag of cash for one of your coloured planks.
If you are ever in NYC, don’t miss the MoMA.
Bludog (trendy blog name)
What I loved.
- NY hospitality
- Cut throat shave at Fellows Barber west Village
- Jazz at the Lincoln Centre
- Comedy Cellar
- Broadway show …First Date.
- Fat Cat …drinking beer,playing pool, ping pong and listening to jazz.
- Central Park…drinking Bloody Mary’s and dancing buskers
- Subway hip hop dancers
- Walking streets NYC
- Chai lattes with espresso bomb.
- Chinatown…with Dave, foot massages, fresh mozzarella and prosciutto at Paolinis, coffee and pastries and yum cha, just a flat out eat feast. Onya Dave.
- Movies on Christmas Day, after the feast.
- Cheap cab fares
- Williamsburg hipsters
- Slipper Room…burlesque without the nips, pussy and cocks.
- Basketball…Nets V Pacers @ Barclay Centre. Honoring Sgt. Manny Romero returning from o/s service, Stars and Stripes and hand on your heart.
- 20 course meal @ Blue Hill…contra deal for Kirra. Great company Priya and Josh. Josh I am sure you are every mother in laws favourite.
- Trashtastic Vegas…winning at the tables, jugs of Margahritas, gondola rides, Cirque de Solie.
- Celebrating 2014 kick off on Las Vegas Blv.
“People pass near him and around him, but they never get too close, less they invade his warrior space.”
Today I went solo on the New York Subway.
I got on at Union Square and a weird metallic voice says “Stand away from the closing doors please”. Everybody on my carriage is asleep, it’s midday and everybody has nodded off, it’s like everybody has been hit with Saron gas and died.
Everybody except one guy, a guy I called Subway Super Dude.
Subway Super Dude stands in the moving carriage as it rocks and bucks along, he doesn’t hold on, he never moves backwards or forwards, he never moves side to side, he is like the rock that never blinks. People pass near him and around him, but they never get too close, less they invade his warrior space. He wears a shoulder bag that looks like it has been to war and been involved in deactivating weapons of mass destruction.
Now he has come back. Come back to save the New York Subway.
The weird metallic voice comes on again… ” If you see an unattended package, do not touch it, stay alert and have a safe day”.
But I’m not scared, not when I have Subway Super Dude riding my Subway.
Subway Super Dude leaves our carriage at 42nd Street and he forgets to take his shoulder bag, I yell out to him ” Hey Subway Super Dude, you forgot your shoulder bag, you left an unattended pa……………………….
Bludog (trendy blog name)